Tuesday, April 8, 2014

21 Day Fix Meals -- Tasty Turkey Tostadas

Lots of yummy stuff happening with 21 Day Fix this week!! If you've read the meal plan for this week, you'll notice a bit of a tex-mex theme. This is probably my favorite type of food to prepare (I really can't keep cumin and chile powder stocked in my pantry!), so I love that I've been able to keep it in the rotation despite participating in the challenge. Here are some quick recipes ideas that received the husband stamp of approval AND didn't cause me to deviate from my 21 Day Fix requirements!! I'll post the 21 Day Fix day nine recipe in just a bit!!



Turkey Tostadas (adapted slightly from Ecstatic Erin Gets Fit)


Ingredients:
2 lb ground turkey (I use 90/10; will save half for tomorrow's dinner)
1 can Rotel
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chile powder
1 tbsp McCormicks Low Sodium Steak Seasoning (I use this with almost all ground meat I prepare)
1 can refried black beans, warmed
Shredded lettuce (for topping)
Shredded cheddar (for topping)
Salsa (for topping)
4-6 white corn tortillas

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tortillas on a foil lined baking sheet. Spray both sides of each tortilla lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 min; flip, and bake for 8-10 min longer (they should be pretty crispy, but will harden more as they cool).

Brown turkey with all seasonings listed. If need, drain. Add Rotel to pan.

To build the tostadas, spread a layer of black beans and a layer of ground turkey on the tortilla. Top with lettuce, cheese, and salsa as desired!

**Save 1/2 of the ground turkey mixture for tomorrow!!
***A "21 Day Fix friendly" serving would be two tostadas, and would count as a red, 1 1/2 yellow, blue, and green container.

No comments:

Post a Comment