Thursday, April 10, 2014

21 Day Fix Dinner -- Pineapple Shrimp Stir Fry

I lovelovelove birthdays, and get so excited when the people I lovelovelove have birthdays!! So when I meal planned for this week, I budgeted my 21 Day Fix containers so that we would be able to go out to dinner and celebrate the husband's 32nd birthday. Only I made that plan without checking with the birthday boy himself, who actually wanted to stay home. Oops. So change of plans it was!! I didn't want to have to waste time at the grocery store on his birthday, so I decided to improvise a bit...and it turned out great!


Pineapple Shrimp Stir Fry
(makes 3-4 servings)

Ingredients:
1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 tspn garlic, minced
2 tspn coconut oil (EVOO would be a fine substitute)
1/2 tspn red pepper flakes
Splash of soy sauce
2-3 tbsp cilantro chopped
2 servings brown rice, cooked (for the brand I used, this was one cup dry rice)

Preparation:
Heat 1 tspn coconut oil in a skillet over med-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion to pan and cook to softened (I like the edges to blacken a bit!). Toss in pineapple, and cook mixture till pineapple gets a little golden color to it (3-4 minutes). Remove mixture from pan and set aside. Add remaining coconut oil to pan to melt. Toss in garlic and pepper flakes and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring. Add shrimp, and cook till tails curl and they turn pink. Return veggie mixture to pan, and stir in soy sauce, lime juice and cilantro. Add rice to pan to soak up all the goodness, and enjoy!!


5 comments:

  1. Do you know the container count for this recipe? Looks delicious and I can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin!! Recipes like this are hard to be exact, so I would recommend portioning out the cooked brown rice first (yellow). If you want to be super spot on, pick the shrimp out with tongs and measure in your red container. I would use my purple container to measure out the pineapple/veggie mix, and maybe over fill it a smidge. In total, I would count the meal as one yellow, one red, one purple, 1/2 green (unless you hog all the bell pepper, haha!), and 1/2 orange for the oil. Hope this helps!!

    I have a 21 day fix challenge group starting on 2/2 if you'd like to join us for some extra accountability! I put together a meal plan and grocery list to help us all get a step ahead and stay on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey Jenny! I'll edit the recipe now..thanks for catching that! I usually just squeeze them over the shrimp and veggie mixture before adding the rice.

      Delete
  4. Cooking with the All-Clad copper core set of kitchenware is an experience every cook would treasure. This cuisine group, decorated with a mirror finish outside and encircled by a band of copper looks ever so dramatic. The Original Green Pan Reviews

    ReplyDelete