Saturday, April 5, 2014

21 Day Fix--Meal Plan Week Two

Can't believe week one wraps up tomorrow! Y'all....the progress is real. I had to tighten the waist band on our Ergo baby carrier this AM so little would be snug and safe on our walk. I....wait for it...noticed my abs for the first time in a LONG time. Even before I became pregnant, I was a little "softer" around the middle than I had been, so to actually see the beginning of definition in my mid-section was super exciting :)

Things I learned during week one:

1. I'm much more likely to workout if I layout or pack my clothes in the AM. It's like they stare at me alllllll day long, haha!! I've really enjoyed getting a workout in at school with some of my coworkers--nothing works better than accountability partners!

2. Meal planning needs to have more overlapping ingredients and intentional meal prep on the weekend--with the babe becoming more active (which is SO fun), I'm exhausted by her bedtime. Having ingredients ready to throw together makes it a lot easier to not stop by Freebirds on the way home.

3. While yogurt parfaits and rice cake/PB/banana are pretty snacks, personally I need to be able to break the snack apart into pieces that can be eaten separately. You'll notice more "broken down" snacks this week--things I can munch on quickly during the breaks between my classes. This helps curb hunger and keep me focused.

4. Autumn Calabrese doesn't mess around! Her workouts are legit, y'all.

5. It was easy to focus on the meal plan last week because I made it a priorirty. I wanted to make sure I got used to the portion sizes and kept control of quality of ingredients myself. This coming week, there are a few places where I could definitely go off the deep end if I wanted (I'll share a pic of hte dessert table at our Teacher Appreciation Lunch....it's ridiculous!!), but I'm going to mentally focus on what the container sizes would look like while loading up at the buffet. Plus, it's hubby's 32nd birthday on Wednesday!! Going to sub a yellow container for some vino...totally worth it :)

Here's the meal plan! Underlined dinners are ones I hope to blog the recipes of during the week, so be on the lookout for those posts. I will also try super hard to post a grocery list for this week tomorrow (requested by the BFF!).

Shout out to Erin at Ecstatic Erin Gets Fit for the tostada recipe!! Visit and LIKE her FB page!!

Have questions about 21 Day Fix? Have goals I can help you reach? Let me know!!



No comments:

Post a Comment