Wednesday, April 9, 2014

21 Day Fix Meals -- Loaded Tex-Mex Sweet Potatoes!

Didn't intend to post this recipe...seemed a little too "easy". But then I took a bite. The spiceyness of the ground turkey, the sweetness of the potato, and warmth from the chile powder and cinnamon. It. Was. Delish. And then I had to share. Make sure you check yesterday's post for Turkey Tostadas--the ground turkey used here was prepared during that meal! And if I'm being honest, the sweet potatoes were even baked in advance during a massive baby food making session I had this weekend. I wasn't kidding when I said this was easy!

I love thinking of different, more health-savvy ways of serving "normal" things. Swapping the tortilla for the sweet potato completely changes the nutritional profile of taco night, giving a huge dose vitamins A and C plus a large concentration of beta-carotene. I also serve Sloppy Joe loaded sweet potatoes often, it's just not super 21 Day Fix friendly. I promise to blog my homemade Sloppy Joe recipe later!!


Loaded Tex-Mex Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey, browned and seasoned (prepared for previous post!)
2 sweet potatoes, baked and halved (I baked ours on Sunday when I made a ton of babyfood for the little, so I halved and placed the pre-baked potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and warmed them for 10-15 in a 350 degree oven BEFORE scooping out some of the flesh as noted in the preparation)
Pinch chile powder
1/2 pinch cinnamon


Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove a bit of the sweet potato flesh (I reserved ours to make dinner for the little tomorrow!) to create a well for the turkey. Sprinkle the potato with the spices. Top with ground turkey mixture and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes (or until warmed through).

1 comment:

  1. I was real happy to find this website on bing, just what I was searching for : D as well saved to my bookmarks . mremeals.pw

    ReplyDelete