Sunday, March 30, 2014

21 Day Fix Chicken Stir Fry

I've just finished the meal prep for the first few days of 21 Day Fix...I'm going to need a bigger lunch box for school tomorrow--there is SO much food!! I posted my weekly meal plan earlier this weekend, but throughout the week I'll share my progress and a few recipes to go along with the plan. Tonight I want to share my super healthy, super yummy chicken stir fry! The meal's components would be the equivalent to a red, yellow, and green container + both of your "teaspoon" allotments for a meal on the 21 Day Fix. This preparation makes 2-3 servings. Greatest thing about this recipe is the versatility--don't like mushrooms? Swap them out for something you do enjoy. Have asparagus you need to use? Throw it in!
**I will admit freely that this is the first time I'm typing and "publicly sharing" a recipe...I wasn't super diligent in taking notes as I prepared this last week, so there may need to be minor modifications as you cook. I'll make edits on Saturday after I prepare it this week.

 Ingredients:
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you're brave!)
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 container white mushrooms, sliced
1 cup shredded carrots
2 cups bok choy, chopped (I chopped a full head of bok choy, so amount is an estimate)
2 servings prepared brown rice, cooked (my box says 1 cup rice + 1 cup water for 2 servings...forgot to measure the cooked amount!)
1/2 cup green onions, chopped few splashes of soy sauce (this is a teensy cheat on 21 Day Fix, so feel free to omit!)

Preparation: 
Heat large saute pan over medium high heat. Add EVOO to pan. Toss chicken in carefully, and stir fry for 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and add sesame oil to heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and stir for about 30 seconds--careful..garlic burns easily!! Add mushrooms and carrots and stir fry for 2-3 minutes before adding the bok choy. The bok choy will wilt down quickly into the veggie mix. Once veggies are done, add chicken and rice to pan, stirring to combine. Add soy sauce if using, and stir in chopped green onions to finish. Super yummy with siracha if you like your food a bit spicier :)

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! This looks great! I will try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this recipe. I am looking for a 21 day fix stir fry, and I am so excited to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a huge demand for non stick frying pan with lid as well, which is multi-purpose in nature and can be used to deep fry, steam, and even prepare meals, without the fear of getting the food sticking at the base. Red Pan Reviews

    ReplyDelete